My Valmet milled tube folder- M62/S TP "M76"

If you have a collection that you're proud of or if you just want to show off that cool pic this is the place to post.

Moderator: Tallin

hotel_torgo

My Valmet milled tube folder- M62/S TP "M76"

Post by hotel_torgo » Fri May 08, 2020 7:03 pm

Hello all, a real pleasure to finally be an approved poster here!

The hunt began years and years ago after landing my first big-time job out of school. Long story short, I had a couple years to stalk the auction sites and allocate funds to nab a grail gun of mine, a Valmet M62/S TP "milled tube folder" when one popped up with all the fancy trappings on GunBroker in late 2019.

More images https://imgur.com/a/xDMGirb! Hello from the year 2020!

I've read there are very, very few of these rifles in the USA, so I'm immensely happy to call one my own at long last. I immediately set out to run it in competition, because living a life locked away in the safe, never seeing the light of day is no way to live. Took it to the InRange TV/Varusteleka Desert Brutality 2-gun action challenge match in February 2020 where it performed admirably, until it didn't... the tip of the firing pin sheared.

I've documented my hunt to find a new one in my first post to Valmet.org, as well as over on Reddit and AKFiles. So I'll spare the details suffice to say, I'm still in desperate need of a new firing pin! I can't wait to get this old girl up and running again.

It's a shame this forum isn't as active as it could be, but I figure that a place like this deserves as much talk about these amazing rifles as I can muster.

Take care and stay healthy!

AGG

Re: My Valmet milled tube folder- M62/S TP "M76"

Post by AGG » Sat May 09, 2020 4:49 am

Excellent acquisition!!! :D

Tony