WTB: Valmet 7.62x39mm firing pin(s)

Place to buy and sell your parts and accessories!

Moderator: AGG

hotel_torgo

WTB: Valmet 7.62x39mm firing pin(s)

Post by hotel_torgo » Fri May 08, 2020 3:13 pm

Hello!

I've been posting around other forums, but my login was finally approved here and wanted to make it known that I'm in search of a spare firing pin (or several!) for my Elmsford import M62S-TP:

I won the rifle at auction in late 2019, and took it to the Desert Brutality 2-gun action challenge match in Arizona in February of this year, where I'm sad to report that the tip of the firing pin sheared off.

I have a number of feelers out there between importers and potentially have someone willing to machine out one of these for me, but everything is extremely slow-going on account of that pesky global pandemic. I've tried many different types of AK and Galil pins, but the Valmet bolt will only accept a relatively long and skinny-profile tip. Most other Kalashnikov pins are relatively short and wide. I bought a couple of Estland's pins from GunBroker knowing they were for an unknown model. As it turns out, they are far too long for the 7.62x39mm bolt, but the tip is profiled perfectly, so they will serve as a template if it comes down to needing these custom-made

So in the meantime, if there are any forum members with spare pins, please let me know! I'll try and remember to check my private messages often, but if you want to get a hold of me sooner, please send a text to my Google Voice account at: (307) 417-zero five zero five

Thanks!

AGG

Re: WTB: Valmet 7.62x39mm firing pin(s)

Post by AGG » Sat May 09, 2020 4:47 am

There were some on Gunbroker!!! :wink:

Tony

hotel_torgo

Re: WTB: Valmet 7.62x39mm firing pin(s)

Post by hotel_torgo » Sat May 09, 2020 2:23 pm

AGG wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 4:47 am
There were some on Gunbroker!!! :wink:

Tony
Thanks Tony. I've seen plenty of .223 Rem pins on GunBroker, but nothing for 7.62x39mm bolts yet! Still keeping my eyes open and running a saved search daily