Riihimäki - land of Valmet

Discussion forum for all things Valmet!

Moderator: AGG

bulm5

Riihimäki - land of Valmet

Post by bulm5 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:10 am

After buying my Valmet petra I had the chance to visit Riihimäki, where the Sako/Valmet factory is located in Finland, a nice little town surrounded by woods (well, all towns are surrounded by woods in Finland!), there is a very nice hunting museum 5 mn away from the factory with a great collection of rifles made by sako over the years, trophies and hunting related items. The visit to this museum is highly recommended, I was completely alone in the museum that day so had plenty of time to enjoy the peaceful surroundings...unfortunately despite much efforts I was not allowed to visit the Sako factory, the PR lady was very sweet, but no...also recommended is the amazing Parola tank museum located in a forest 110 kms of Helsinki, where again I was alone for half a day enjoying the open air museum where countless tanks from WW1 to present time are on display in their natural habitat, the visit to the fortress in Hämeenlinna is also worth it, there is an artillery and medieval museum there, and the castle is impressive...Finland is great, people are nice, food is delicious and Helsinki is just a fantastic city in the summer....
Attachments
FINLAND (4)a.JPG
FINLAND (11)a.JPG
FINLAND (13)a.JPG
FINLAND (14)a.JPG
FINLAND (15)a.JPG
FINLAND (20)a.jpg
FIN (341)a.JPG
FIN (403)a.JPG
FIN (450)a.JPG

AGG

Re: Riihimäki - land of Valmet

Post by AGG » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:54 am

Thanks for the great pics!!! :D

Tony

Tommo

Post by Tommo » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:46 am

Looks like you had a very enjoyable trip, thanks for the photos. I have always wanted to visit Finland.

Sako92S
Site Admin

Post by Sako92S » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:45 am

Parola panzer museum is great place. There is several one of a kind tanks from WWII including panzer train with several wagons connected.
Building Galil/RK62/95 clone