Valmet.org Forum Index Valmet.org
Forum for discussion of all things Valmet

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WTB: Colored Plastic Finnish Waffle Magazines

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Train

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:29 am    Post subject: WTB: Colored Plastic Finnish Waffle Magazines Reply with quote

Looking for the early Plastic (80's/90's era) colored "Test" Finnish waffle mags (7.62x39).

*Not Green or Black!* (unless you have a green that looks basically "White" due to lack of green dye added).

I am really looking for the Test colors that failed the initial field test that were surplussed in the 90's in Finland (like White, Off-White, Yellow, Tan, etc etc).

Will pay very good per mag!

PM or Email me if you have anything for sale!

Side Note: If anyone's interested, I have a source on actual "RK95 Black polymer" mags (with "Castle Mold") in *STONE MINT* condition that have been sealed since 93'/94' by an ex worker. I would just need to get up an order of 4-6 mags in advance being shipping is so high but is 7-10 day shipping (EMS).
They aren't cheap, but they look stunning and are cheaper for every extra one you get. I paid more for mine than any of my colored test mags being the Black ones are NOW so hard to find in the origin country due to the Mil no longer surplussing mags that are currently in use.
These are unlike any you've seen stateside before, they aren't in BFPU condition, they aren't used with a "scorched ring/burnt off Castle mold" (when SAKO took over), nor the ones that look NOS for nearly 200 bucks these days that are actually overpriced "SAKO aftermarket versions" that lack the Castle Mold and were made in 97'-98'... 1994 was the final year that FDF (Finnish Defense forces) made the actual Military Castle/Tower molded RK95 (aka M95) mags.
Sako92S
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can confirm that black RK95 magazines are not available in stores here in Finland. They have been long sold out and even very hard to get on private sales.

You may get military surplus metal and green magazines from army store but their condition may be what ever because they do not full fill the requirements anymore due to abuse.

Train

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sako92S wrote:
I can confirm that black RK95 magazines are not available in stores here in Finland. They have been long sold out and even very hard to get on private sales.

You may get military surplus metal and green magazines from army store but their condition may be what ever because they do not full fill the requirements anymore due to abuse.

Exactly!

It took me months to find the guy that I did that had the Stone Mint Black RK95 mags and the colored ones after reference after reference deeper into Europe. He had factory connections in the 90's and had them sealed up since. He told me the same that you said and then I heard it from dozens of Fin guys, whether companies, surplus store, or gunshow vendor guys.

I'm personally looking for some of the colored mags (which are in the hands of collectors and regular people who bought them being they were unique) but I figured I would mention the Mint RK95 mags (with official FDF Castle Mold) that I can obtain a handful of incase any collectors here are interested in 100% New condition RK polymer mags, Minty after 20+ years.
GoodGuy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Train... welcome to the forums. We're glad you're here, and we hope you'll enjoy participating. It sounds like you've accumulated a nice collection of magazines. It's a fascinating study! We'd love to see photos of example of any rare or unusual Valmet magazines.

I only have two black Valmet magazines... both were manufactured in 1997. I think these must be ones manufactured by SAKO in the late 1990s, perhaps for commercial distribution. I'll post a photo.

Train

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For now, I plan to keeping my "Test" mag pics underwraps, especially being I plan to do an article but will share this with the group if any collector's are interested.

Your's is the Aftermarket "SAKO" version... Nothing wrong with it, but they go for around 175-180 stateside and I can do the FDF made true Military ones for the same.

I WILL show the Black (Mint Condition) Mil versions that I can likely take orders for 4-5 more of (if he has that many left) from 93' and 94' that the Military use.

They are FDF's version w/ Castle Mold beside of date stamp, different material than the aftermarket SAKO version made years later for civilians.

Disregard the grainy pic quality of the camera in the 1st pic below... It's a mix of the camera, and tiny pieces of lint/dust on magface where the USPS box had been on the carpet and had dust on it and the mags were resting on the side with the date and castle stamp.

Also, the light being brighter on one mag makes it appear less dark, they are both identical! Pic #1 BELOW is very blurry, they look MUCH better than the pic entails.

Sako92S
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to correct something here.
The logo is not named as castle it's tower like in chess. Wink

Magazines with tower logo is very hard to get here in Finland because all of them are in use of our army.

AGG

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck in your search--- I only have the M76 proto magazines!!! Very Happy

Tony
Train

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sako92S wrote:
I have to correct something here.
The logo is not named as castle it's tower like in chess. Wink

Magazines with tower logo is very hard to get here in Finland because all of them are in use of our army.

Gotcha!

I use that term when talking to anyone in your country, but over here I first heard it called the "Castle Mold", yet its not very known about so I should just use the term "Tower" to help phase the Castle term out. Likely someone forgot the name and called the tower a Castle.
Train

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AGG wrote:

Tony

The M76 ones are steel, correct?
AGG

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Train wrote:
AGG wrote:

Tony

Smoked polymer!!! Very Happy

Tony
Train

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AGG wrote:
Train wrote:
AGG wrote:

Tony

Smoked polymer!!! Very Happy

Tony

Think it was smoked at the same time as mine? Just looking for "Clarity" (pun intended) Wink

AGG

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one that I am referring to is more of an OD translucent--- there is a pic in Buddy Hinton's pictorial library!!! Very Happy

Tony
Train

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AGG wrote:
The one that I am referring to is more of an OD translucent--- there is a pic in Buddy Hinton's pictorial library!!! Very Happy

Tony

I saw that in his library before, first pic I found of another one stateside but it did indeed have green in the title I remember.

Makes me wonder about the color differences here...

Last edited by Train on Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Train

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had 2 email notifications alerts today/tonight in my email saying I had new private messages, yet nothing new in my inbox.

If you are trying to get up with me, please email me at:

Trainthagreat@hotmail.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Valmet.org Forum Index -> The Marketplace All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: