WTK: anybody have a Century Galil .223?

A place for Galils of any nationality!

Moderator: nib

Sako95
Site Admin

WTK: anybody have a Century Galil .223?

Post by Sako95 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:19 pm

Anybody have a Century Galil .223? Just wondering how they turned out. I have not seen one yet!
I prefer to act really stupid...That way people will be more surprised when I kill them!

smitty

Post by smitty » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:39 pm

I purchased one from the gun show in Portland Oregon last weekend. I paid $929 for it.

I have wanted a Galil for some time but couldn't scrape up the cash to have any of the big name gunsmiths build one for me.

I was a bit concerned about initial reliability (after the purchase) after reading complaints about these on some of the forums. I removed the carrier, bolt and gas tube and gave the rifle a thorough cleaning and took it out yesterday. I ran 100 rounds of Federal Power-Shok 50 grain JHP through it without a hiccup.

I'm new to the Galil rifle but am very pleased with this firearm, especially for the money. The fit and finish is equally as good as my DSA FAL Para. I'm predicting that it will quickly become my favorite long gun.

Hope this helps.
Smitty

JMikeSteen
Location: Sitting right next to a gator in the Everglades with a gun in my hand

Post by JMikeSteen » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:12 pm

Thanks for the report Smitty and welcome to the world of Galils and to this board. Glad to hear you got a good one.

Mike
Presidential Primary - vote for 1 of 5 or so *hitheads you don't want.
Presidential Election - vote to stop the other *hithead from winning.
Result, it didn't work.

JimC

Post by JimC » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:57 am

I got one several months ago from Southern Ohio Gun. Mine runs great but i noticed that the bullets were hitting the bottom of the barrel when going into the chamber. Easy fix though if you are careful.

Roger Nuss

Post by Roger Nuss » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:53 pm

Did they not put the bullet guide (feed ramp ) in these guns?!?

Tokarev

Post by Tokarev » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:09 pm

Roger Nuss wrote:Did they not put the bullet guide (feed ramp ) in these guns?!?
They did put a bullet guide in but, for whatever reason, most of them are too low and need a shim. I think the platform for the bullet guide is a little out of spec.

Roger Nuss

Post by Roger Nuss » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:15 pm

Tok, thanks. Just got one and hadn't really paid attention to that, but I will now.

Tokarev

Post by Tokarev » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:20 pm

Roger Nuss wrote:Tok, thanks. Just got one and hadn't really paid attention to that, but I will now.
Mine's a little "extra low" so I noticed it pretty quickly. Mine has a big gap between the barrel and the ramp and the rounds are impacting down at the bottom of the barrel just under the chamber.

One of my friends has one and his gap is there but it's about half of what mine is. His isn't nearly as hard on ammo as mine is.

Both feed fine, for whatever that's worth.

E. Blake

Two

Post by E. Blake » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:01 pm

Just bought my second one.

My wife said, "Uhhm...don't you already have one exactly like that?"

"Well, duh! Yeah!" I told her; "I had one like that. I mean, that's my point: I only had the one!"

"I mean, what if he should get lonely?"

Sheesh! Women can be so uncompassionate!

E.

ttman

Post by ttman » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:05 am

just bought 1 too. mine feeds low as well & hits the barrel, this seems to be a common problem. but it will slam the round in though. it does deface the bullet tip.

ttman

Post by ttman » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:06 am

are u suggesting using a dremel?
JimC wrote:I got one several months ago from Southern Ohio Gun. Mine runs great but i noticed that the bullets were hitting the bottom of the barrel when going into the chamber. Easy fix though if you are careful.