cnc warrior possible group buy

A place for Galils of any nationality!

Moderator: nib

tomelroy

cnc warrior possible group buy

Post by tomelroy » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:26 pm

I missed the boat on these and now i really want some. I spoke to cnc and they told me i would need to order 50 of each style for a run. I have not even seen one in person to compare to my IMI's. I figure i am good for 10, but would like to see if anyone would like to get in on an order.

just post what you want and how many and maybe we can do a group buy. I personally want some true micros and standard galils with double lighting cuts. ( i prefer the look)

Standard Galil or
Micro Galil

you can also email me at tomelroy@gmail.com.

I want to get this done before it may be to late.

Tom Doniphon

Post by Tom Doniphon » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:47 pm

Tomelroy lives! Where the heck have you been hiding? I have had several people ask about you! Any way I will have one of each to compare soon and will let you know.

tomelroy

Post by tomelroy » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:35 pm

still alive! Finally remembered the combo to my gun safe and once inside realized i had a few uncompleted galil projects from the early 2000's. After doing some reading on the net and some test fitting on my ORF I realized i had an out of spec ORF Micro receiver (early serial number in the 180's).

Read up on CNC and found out they were out of stock...now the possibility of a gun ban and i figure i need to stock up quick. (make a CNC group buy happen)

Some pics and a review on the CNC would be great..from what i have seen they look really nice.

gray

CNC Warrior Galil receivers compared to IMI?

Post by gray » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:24 am

Has anyone had a chance to compare these receivers side by side yet? Opinions on the quality of te CNC Warrior parts?

Post by 329 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:44 am

Yes they are good quality. I worked with Denny at CNC Warrior to get the first few batches made of galil receivers; plus talked him into making Micros on the last batch.

I received the first one (micro) made and have Jeff at Hillbilly making a SBR one for me.

If you look at the aother post I have of the Galil sniper rifles (true ones); the third one not complety built is on a CNC Warrior .308 receiver Denny made for me; with the rest being IMI parts; using a real Haddar receiver as a model. This set him up to make .308 receivers going forward.

gray

Receiver specs

Post by gray » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:01 am

Do you know any of the specs of the steel type used and how the receivers were heat treated?? If I recall correctly about 20 something years ago there were a few Galils (don't recall which model) that blew up when fired, what I don't recall is why, ie: firing with the bolt not locked up or improper heat treating of the receivers?? I had a Galil in 308 I got rid of :cry: when I heard that story from a knowledgeable gunny who saw it happen at a range.