Scope mount

A place for Galils of any nationality!

Moderator: nib

jehu

Scope mount

Post by jehu » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:53 am

What was/is the best scope mount made for the Galil that centers the scope/sight on the center line of the rifle?? :?:

Inkognito

Post by Inkognito » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:00 pm

Personally, I don't like any of the Galil mounts that put the scope center over the rifle. They either mount to the receiver cover which means they will not be tight enough to hold zero, or they mount to the gas tube which means they are so far forward you are limited on your scope choices and they are not tight enough to hold zero, or they are cheap aluminum with a poorly designed thumb screw to tighten them to the side of the receiver. These are all just my opinions of course.

I finally settled on the side mounted throw lever steel mount with the AR/M16 channel. Fits tight, returns pretty close to zero when removed. The fact that it is off to the side is not a problem if you have one of the cheek pieces designed for the Galil. You actually get a better cheek weld with this setup than you will with a centered scope with no cheek piece. Not what you wanted to hear, so I'm sorry if I'm just wasting your time with all of this. But I thought I would try to save you the same long ordeal I went through before I finally decided what is the best scope mount for the Galil. I have an ACOG mounted in mine and its fantastic.

jehu

Post by jehu » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:51 am

Good info., thanks for the reply. :D