Has anyone had any dealings with Blackthorne?

A place for Galils of any nationality!

Moderator: nib

Tom Doniphon

Has anyone had any dealings with Blackthorne?

Post by Tom Doniphon » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:22 pm

Has anyone had any dealings with Blackthorne? They sell some Galil parts I want but I have never dealt with them.

bigsleeze

Post by bigsleeze » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:19 pm

I bought an AN/PVS-2 night vision mount and a screw knob single scope ring mount for my Galil. The screw knob type showed up with rust around the screws. I returned it and kept the AN/PVS-2 (very nice). He refunded the price but not the shipping. I asked him to give me a free mount for my troubles. He declined. I think if you ask him to pick your items more carefully, you'll be all right. Tom: You know that when you have to send something back and get refunded for only the cost of the item; you've paid shipping two ways for nothing. That doesn't seem right unless you've just changed your mind. John
John Cangelosi (Living well is the best Revenge)

Tom Doniphon

Post by Tom Doniphon » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:23 pm

Thanks John!

Cabhammer
Super Finnish Bolt Acton Moderator

Post by Cabhammer » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:59 am

Runneth Away!! Or at least be VERY aware that these guys are the old Hesse/Vulcan/Joeken reborn. While I did some OK deals with them, their receivers are trash and ruined one of my builds.

They are making AR stuff now and I would be VERY wary of their stuff.

-Cabby
bqzhfrpthdq!vbsdk,mds +1char to email

JMikeSteen
Location: Sitting right next to a gator in the Everglades with a gun in my hand

Post by JMikeSteen » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:32 am

I have bought from them 3 times with nary a prob but I see stories everywhere about the other kind of service,

Mike
Presidential Primary - vote for 1 of 5 or so *hitheads you don't want.
Presidential Election - vote to stop the other *hithead from winning.
Result, it didn't work.

Dutcj

Post by Dutcj » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:38 am

I've had 4 deals that all went well. Galil parts, Yugo M95 .223 mags and pouches. All top quality is what I received.

trikerjay

Post by trikerjay » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:44 am

they still suck.
later jay
Last edited by trikerjay on Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

jasonb

Post by jasonb » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:06 pm

I bought alot of Yugo AK stuff, mags and some Galil stuff. Probably 10 orders in the last 2 years. Never had any trouble. The don't always think when they pack things, like nasty cosmoed up AK mags thrown in with brand new Yugo mag pouches :roll:, When I need something for my Galil, they're the first place I look. Their AR stuff, no thanks.

E. Blake

No problems

Post by E. Blake » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:04 pm

I'm like TrikerJay; I've bought a few things from them and never had any problems.

They are the only source of which I'm aware where you can get the Valmet M-71/78 front-sight group. It's pricey, but there just aren't any other options out there.

I haven't had any delivery or customer-relations issues with them.

E. Blake

bigsleeze

Post by bigsleeze » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:28 pm

"There are always alternatives". John ('8)')
John Cangelosi (Living well is the best Revenge)

Robert @ RTG Parts

Post by Robert @ RTG Parts » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:33 pm

I will not buy from these guys again.

I purchased knowing the risk. I needed some new, uncut Galil barrels and these guys have them. I wanted to order by phone but you can not get a human, only an answering machine. I finally caved and ordered online and was charged $50 for shipping ($12 would have covered shipping/insurance).

A week later UPS delivers a padded envelope with my name on it. It weighed a couple ounces so I thought they must be Galil Micro barrels (ha ha ha). But no the joke was on me. The envelope contained a M16 Bolt Head and some other guys invoice. They put my 21 pound shipping label on this four once package.

I called and emailed Blackthorn and guess what...Nobody called or emailed back. Luckily I had the contact info for the owner of the M16 bolt. After calling him it turned out he did received my barrels and was very happy to arrange a trade. On my dime ,I had to arrange a pickup and shipping for the barrels to be delivered to the correct address. The intended recipient of the M16 Bolt told me he had been waiting since 08/08 for this part and after looking at the invoice he was correct. He had also tried to call and email Blackthorn when he received a box of barrels but no luck either. They have never called or emailed him back.

If it was not for an honest customer on the other side I would have been SOL as these nice guys at blackthorne wont even call or email you back to fix a problem.

Everybody makes mistakes but these guys wont even pick up the phone to fix there own screw ups. And don't tell me they are just busy. My card was processed and the package was shipped the day I ordered. They are not busy, just lazy.
www.RobertRTG.com for all your HK & MG Parts at amazingly low prices

E. Blake

Eye-opener

Post by E. Blake » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:37 pm

Wow! Thanks for the heads up!

Although I have gotten good service from them in the past, this is definitely a lesson to all of us. Clearly, if a business won't even answer their own phone, this tells me there is something very fishy going on. :(

I am glad to hear you were able to locate your part, but this describes a level of customer "service" that is completely unacceptable!

It's too bad, too, because they had some parts that I haven't seen any other source for.

E. B.

Cabhammer
Super Finnish Bolt Acton Moderator

Post by Cabhammer » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:10 pm

For top notch AR stuff at reasonable prices, I will point you three places.

One of them Adco Firearms (http://www.adcofirearms.com) is run by an ex-cop and does a lot of RRA business, but stocks premium accessories also. Good feller there.

I have also had excellent results with Bravo Company (http://www.bravocompanyusa.com). They stock Lewis Machine Tool stuff and reasonable prices and stock most fo the good accessories as well.

Brownells (http://brownells.com) also has a lot of AR stuff now and they give dealer discounts for you FFL or C&R....
bqzhfrpthdq!vbsdk,mds +1char to email