Are Century Galil Golani's even worth the consideration?

A place for Galils of any nationality!

Moderator: nib

madman201

Post by madman201 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:18 am

Thanks Guys, I'll buy Galil Mags then....

D.Brown

Post by D.Brown » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:24 pm

Hey,

E. Blake,

This site shows what you can do with walnut. Just what are you doing buying furnishings from Ironwood? You work surpasses the readily available commercial.

I mostly agree with your opinion about the golanis, but, Valmet hunters are just a little more. Further, they are available in better calibers.

Madman,

No, I don't think you have made a bad move at all. I hope your rifle pleases you. I looked at the cai rifles, they have been available locally. I purchased the hunters because I already reload .308.

DB
Jurisprudence, the daughter of philosophy willing to compromise herself for profit.

D.Brown

Post by D.Brown » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:26 pm

Hey,

E. Blake,

This site shows what you can do with walnut. Just what are you doing buying furnishings from Ironwood? You work surpasses the readily available commercial.

I mostly agree with your opinion about the golanis, but, Valmet hunters are just a little more. Further, they are available in better calibers.

Madman,

No, I don't think you have made a bad move at all. I hope your rifle pleases you. I looked at the cai rifles, they have been available locally. I purchased the hunters because I already reload .308.

DB
Jurisprudence, the daughter of philosophy willing to compromise herself for profit.

E. Blake

Thank you kindly

Post by E. Blake » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:27 am

D.,

Thank you for your kind comments. I do enjoy working with walnut and making my own rifle furniture.

Sometimes, however, it just takes so long--by the time I head across town to get some good wood, and then cut and shape and sand and route out grooves and fit and re-shape (and swear and yell) and make a mess in the garage--it just seems simpler to pay somebody else to go through all the hassle. I really like the quality of Ironwood's work ,and the fellow that runs that business is a real gentleman, so I am very pleased to order his products.

However, I'm sure the "urge" to make something will overtake me again before too long, and I will start some other hair-brained project.

Thanks again,

E. Blake