7.62 x 51 PMC Korean Surplus

The place to find good reasons to buy ammo!

Moderator: Tom Doniphon

Tom Doniphon

7.62 x 51 PMC Korean Surplus

Post by Tom Doniphon » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:06 pm

OK there is some 7.62 x 51 from the 80's out there made by PMC for the Korean military. It was noted it is "tarnished". It has some minor discoloration on the brass.Was being sold for about 41 cents per round. Boxer primed with copper washed steel jacketed bullets.

We decided to test some out of our older FN bolt gun.

We shot four 3 shot groups. All were sub MOA. I have to admit I was very surprised. The rifle is very accurate and does shoot slightly better with Lake city match but not much!

I think SG AMMO has some. They have good shipping prices.

Will be testing some Malaysian L2A2 soon.

AGG

Re: 7.62 x 51 PMC Korean Surplus

Post by AGG » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:06 am

Thanks for the reports (this and future)--- older PMC ammunition is great--- I used to use it (camo boxes) all the time in an old AK!!! :D

Tony

Tom Doniphon

Re: 7.62 x 51 PMC Korean Surplus

Post by Tom Doniphon » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:33 pm

One other note. We also tried this ammo with a "drop in trigger" assembly in an AR10 from Palmetto State Armory. Works fine with the original Palmetto trigger which is standard AR15 I believe. Does not work with light pull trigger we tried. We checked and the spring tension on the original was much higher than the "drop in" I doubt the military grade primers will ever be reliable with the low trigger pull drop in types.

Bottom line, standard military triggers should be fine and work 100% of the time from our testing.

Reduced pull with lighter hammer spring, not going to work reliably.