FN FS2000 Revisited

The place to talk about other guns not lucky enough to be an AK.

Moderator: nib

GoodGuy

FN FS2000 Revisited

Post by GoodGuy » Fri May 29, 2009 6:37 am

About a year or so ago, I considered purchasing a FN FS2000, but I decided to defer that purchase. Now I'm again considering pruchasing one. For you guys that have one, I could use your input.

What should I look for when examining a FS2000? Are there any known issues or flaws?

What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of the "tactical" model compared to the standard (optics) model?

For those who have purchased a "tactical" model, what aftermarket sights (opitcs and/or open) have you tried?
Dallas

Cabhammer
Super Finnish Bolt Acton Moderator

Post by Cabhammer » Fri May 29, 2009 3:24 pm

I handled one. It seemed REALLY like holding a SuperSoaker. It was light and the plastic did not feel weapon dense to me.

I think the design is cool, but for the money I would look at one of the new A3 Steyr Augs instead. Not as innovative but a lot more proven.

I have heard mixed reviews of the standrd FN Optic enough to think that you are better with the rail model. Since you KNOW that an ACOG, Aimpoint, or EoTech are good, go with the sure thing. Also being able to use BUIS is a good thing. No rifle can be taken seriously without iron sights of some kind.

Don't know if the FN is ACOG-worthy accuracy wise, but for sure the dot scope will be good to go up to 200 meters....
bqzhfrpthdq!vbsdk,mds +1char to email

GoodGuy

Post by GoodGuy » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:29 am

Makes sense. I've pretty much decied that, if I purchase one, I'll go with the "tactical" model and mount an Aimpoint (which I prefer over the Eotech type sight). As you mention, the inclusion of the iron sights is important. Appreciate the feedback.
Dallas

ValmetRKm62

Post by ValmetRKm62 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:55 am

I've handled them and while lightweight, it felt very clumsy to me. And the ejection port is interesting (through the top) but didn't make a lot of sense. Personally, I'd go with one of the new US-made AUGs or the MSAR StG-556. Just my .02

Robert @ RTG Parts

Post by Robert @ RTG Parts » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:44 pm

I like FN but if I was in he market for a bullpup i would purchase an AUG. The fn2000 as that flip up plastic door to the chamber and it's located right in front of the eye. I saw that and decided i would never shoot one. I can not imagine that is a good thing to have as occasionally cartridges do go kaboom. For a bullpup the AUG seems hard to beat.
www.RobertRTG.com for all your HK & MG Parts at amazingly low prices

Cabhammer
Super Finnish Bolt Acton Moderator

Post by Cabhammer » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:13 pm

ValmetRKm62 wrote:I've handled them and while lightweight, it felt very clumsy to me. And the ejection port is interesting (through the top) but didn't make a lot of sense. Personally, I'd go with one of the new US-made AUGs or the MSAR StG-556. Just my .02
Actually, the cartridges eject from a door on the front of the gun. This si so that the bullpup can be truly ambidextrous and is actually one of the good features that traditional bullpups like the AUG do not enjoy....
bqzhfrpthdq!vbsdk,mds +1char to email

Rynchester

Post by Rynchester » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:07 am

Hi,

I've had the Standard model for a couple of months now and I'm very pleased with it.

When comparing it with the AUG the truly ambidextrous operation is a big plus. No need to change bolt/ejection port cover, just move it to the other shoulder and keep shooting !

It feels somewhat lighter that it actually is and I suppose it's the good balance that makes it feel that way. Also the bulgy looks makes one thing that it's pretty heavy before one gets to handle it.

Test it before you judge, you might be surprised 8)

-Rynchester-

PS. Haven't shot a single cartridge with my Sako/Valmet rifles since the FS2000 arrived... :roll: