Looks like Brian shut down his V-W site.

Discussion forum for all things Valmet!

Moderator: AGG

BCR#1

Looks like Brian shut down his V-W site.

Post by BCR#1 » Fri May 20, 2005 4:58 am

That really sucks because I sent him a $50.00 donation and
an original 76/78 manual so he could scan it for everyone
to read/copy for their own personal use.

I wish him well in his future endeavors.

Bill[/u][/i]

Tom Doniphon

Post by Tom Doniphon » Fri May 20, 2005 9:45 am

I hope he will come and join our site soon. He is going to call me this weekend.

CelticSword
Site Admin

Post by CelticSword » Thu May 26, 2005 3:25 pm

Hey BCR and Tom. It does appear that Brian shut down the Valmet Weapons site about a month or so ago. It is really too bad as it was a great place to go. I recently bought the website name www.valmetweapons.com and will be creating a Valmet website of my own. You can see the web address is similar to Brian's but there is no hyphen between the words. I have been collecting articles on Valmets for years and will be posting them on there. I also plan to post all the Valmet technical manuals I have collected. I may also put up on the site the Valmet technical armorers manual - Rynnakkokivaarin Kasikirja. I will have a message board. And on and on. I have a lot of scanning to do and summer is here but I plan to have the site up by end of summer. I will let you know when it is complete and up and running. Hope to see everyone there.

Does anyone still have Brian's email address? I want to ask him if it is ok to post some information off his site that I copied for myself.

Tom Doniphon

Post by Tom Doniphon » Thu May 26, 2005 10:24 pm

CelticSword, I would like to suggest that you send me the info for the pages and we can post them here. I am going to be talking to Brian and see if we can host all of the old Valmet-weapons info here. We are hoping he will become one of the mods here. No Valmets have been made since the company was bought by Sako. To many websites just spread things out. If anyone wants to post info that they want to become part of the site just let me know. We are glad to help.

GoodGuy

Post by GoodGuy » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:34 am

I click on the bookmark I made for Brian's site every day hoping it'll eventually return. I guess it may be gone for good this time. I like the idea of Valmet enthusiasts pooling their resources together to create a single site that combines all of the best of the accumulated information that's out there for everyone's use and enjoyment.

Tom Doniphon

Post by Tom Doniphon » Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:30 pm

I agree we need one site. If any of you guys want add content just let me know.

Tom Doniphon

Post by Tom Doniphon » Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:36 pm

If any of you guys talk to Bian please let me know. Please ask him to become part of this site as a mod. We would all benefit from his information from his old site.

tomelroy

Post by tomelroy » Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:26 pm

I miss the old... old format of the valmet-weapons board. All the messages were posted on one page and was easy to read. Can you change this site to that format? I think that because of the relatively few number of valmet/galil fans that veiwing all posts is best. Please concider this.

Tom Doniphon

Post by Tom Doniphon » Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:51 am

Don't make me come up there and shoot all your guns for you Tomelroy. Good to here from you and no we are not going back to the dark ages. I understand your reasoning for that but it would just not be worth the effort to change. Also most of the other users would be mad about that. Are you coming to the SAR show this year? I have been keeping the beer I owe you cold for 4 years now..........