new york legal valmets

Discussion forum for all things Valmet!

Moderator: AGG

m1a2d3

new york legal valmets

Post by m1a2d3 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:30 pm

are there any valmets that are legal in new york state now.

Tallin

Post by Tallin » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:40 pm

If you currently own a Valmet in NYS, you can keep it, but it must be registered in one year.

All High-Cap Mags are banned even if you already have them. Your Mag capacity limit is 7 rounds. But since Valmet never made a 7 rounder, you would have to use a 5 rounder.

You cannot transfer a Valmet in NYS to someone who lives in NYS, but if you have one you can sell it out of state.

The only Valmets that may be legal to bring into NYS or transfer within NYS might be the Hunter, provided you have a 5 round Mag.

As for pistols in NYS, you are limited to 7 rounds as well. The only semi-auto pistol I can think of with a 7 round mag is the Kimber.

Finally, If you have a 10 round Mag for a rifle or a pistol, you can keep it, but you are only allowed to load 7 bullets! :roll: Better not forget! :lol: You are not allowed to buy any more 10 round mags after April 15, 2013, just keep the ones you may already have. :roll:

Solution!! Leave the Commie State of New York!! I will soon be looking for a farm up in New Hampshire! Live Free Or Die! As they say! :D

Eric

Last edited by Tallin on Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Do not use a hatchet to remove a fly from your friend's forehead."
Chinese Proverb

AGG

Post by AGG » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:37 am

Eric,

I feel for you my friend, as well as every other, law-abiding gun owner in NYS!!! :cry:
May I presume, on sidearms, that 7 in the magazine and 1 in the chamber is alright? :shock:
I keep telling you to move to the South by me--- we could be BFF's. :lol:

Tony

machinegunfun

NYS Gun Laws

Post by machinegunfun » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:24 am

Eric,I knew this day would come.They are even trying to pass a bunch of laws up in Vermont where I have some family.I was up in Albany at the pro-gun rally yesterday.There were about 2000 people there.It's a shame our politicians can't live up to the oath they swore to upheld.In fact if they break that oath aren't they the criminals???????????Keep the faith.Ralph
I love my Country,It's the government that scares me