Magnum Research Galil Value

Discussion forum for all things Valmet!

Moderator: AGG

Sierra2

Magnum Research Galil Value

Post by Sierra2 » Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:01 pm

Hello
I am new to the forum. I am looking for help on determining the value of a Galil, I have had for some time just sitting in my safe. I no longer shoot since my son went in the military 10 years ago. With out him I lost interest & no longer have the time. Any way, I have an immaculate 223 Magnum Research imported AR 223. I have considerable papers with it from Magnum Research alot are just basically informative info about the Galil. There is also a document on their personal letterhead (not a copy) that says this is one of the first 100 Galils imported into the States. Although the serial # reads MR 00632. I also have the removable scope mount with a scope mounted on it. I have 3 magazines also that go with it. If I do decide to some day let it go, what should I be looking for as a reasonable value. My Son will be quite upset with me if I sell it as he has been lusting over it for years, and hoped to inherit it. But I am also looking to get into a newer Bass Boat, something I can actually get some use out of and am looking for sources of more finances.
Thanks for any help you can give me. :roll:

Tom Doniphon

Post by Tom Doniphon » Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:20 am

You may want to check out Gunbroker. Set your reserve and see what you can get. Good luck!

galil4x4

So, get a price and sell it to your son.

Post by galil4x4 » Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:17 pm

Why don't you just sell it to him? That will keep it in the family and you will have some money for your boat. BTW, I would suggest 3K for a price.