Gun Cabinet Queen

Discussion forum for all things Valmet!

Moderator: AGG

captken

Gun Cabinet Queen

Post by captken » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:01 pm

Finally got registered here after all kinds of snafu's. Picked up a M76T back in the mid 90's from a guy that owed me money. Didn't really know what it was but it was either take it or probably never seen any green. Being it was in the middle of the "Ban", I was scared to even mention it for fear of Federal agents wearing black coming to visit. Anyway, never had a magazine for it until I bought a Tromix in the late 90's. Fired it one time and back in the gun cabinet it went. Really not fair to the rifle. Was going to see if anyone here wanted it but being it took a while to get registered, I listed it on GunBroker to test the water.
If it doesn't sell there, I may make someone a deal here since it needs to go to someone that will appreciate it.
Don't think the former owner fired it much if any either since he didn't have a magazine for it either.

Tallin

Re: Gun Cabinet Queen

Post by Tallin » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:11 pm

captken wrote:Finally got registered here after all kinds of snafu's. Picked up a M76T back in the mid 90's from a guy that owed me money. Didn't really know what it was but it was either take it or probably never seen any green. Being it was in the middle of the "Ban", I was scared to even mention it for fear of Federal agents wearing black coming to visit. Anyway, never had a magazine for it until I bought a Tromix in the late 90's. Fired it one time and back in the gun cabinet it went. Really not fair to the rifle. Was going to see if anyone here wanted it but being it took a while to get registered, I listed it on GunBroker to test the water.
If it doesn't sell there, I may make someone a deal here since it needs to go to someone that will appreciate it.
Don't think the former owner fired it much if any either since he didn't have a magazine for it either.

Capt. Ken,

Maybe post a link of your Valmet on GB so we know which one it happens to be. You can also post it for free on http://www.sturmgewehr.com/

Good luck with your sale!

Eric
"Do not use a hatchet to remove a fly from your friend's forehead."
Chinese Proverb

captken

Post by captken » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:28 pm

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =215376935

What baffles me is on some of the M76 rifles, I see where they were imported by another gun company stamped on the left side. All mine says is Valmet made in Finland.

AGG

Post by AGG » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:18 am

Welcome to the site!!! :D
I thought by your initial description that it was the one listed on GB. :wink:
Not a unreasonable selling price, but someone here may appreciate it more. :shock:

Tony

captken

Post by captken » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:32 am

That was my first thought on this site being I would rather it go to someone that would use it than a gun shop that would just turn around and resell it.

DrPepper

M76

Post by DrPepper » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:19 am

Look on the bottom of the receiver for the importer, some are marked near or under the trigger guard.
Your M76 also looks like it was for the Euro market originally in .222 and then re-marked .223 Rem., they would lightly mill off the .222cal and re-mark it .223 Rem for import to USA.
Just my .02 cents, there are others here with Whay more knowledge on this than me. :D

captken

Post by captken » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:53 am

No importer stamp anywhere that I can find.