New guy

Discussion forum for all things Valmet!

Moderator: AGG

kommanderkool

New guy

Post by kommanderkool » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:37 am

Hello everybody. I just found this forum last week and promptly signed up. I'm proud to say I am the original owner of a Valmet M76 in .223. I purchased the Valmet in the late '80s (serial number 156XXX) from my local gun shop in Redding California, back when everything was legal. Aah - the good old days. I still have everything I got with my Valmet. I saved the original box, sales brochure, owner's manual, inspection certificate, cleaning kit, buffer, etc...
Actually - I purchased two rifles that day. I bought the aforementioned Valmet and I also bought a Ruger Mini-14. You know what I paid for both rifles - $1000.00 for both out the door. Hell of a deal, huh?
I do have a question for you experts out there. One accessory I never purchased was the factory bayonet. I see them for sale now and I notice two different brands - "Fiskars" and "Hackman". My question is which brand is correct for my Valmet? Is one brand more desirable than the other? Or were both brands supplied as accessories and either is correct?
I'd appreciate any answers on the subject. Thanks.
David
Attachments
valmet2.jpg

GoodGuy

Post by GoodGuy » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:58 am

Hi David. Welcome to the site. Great rifle!

Both Fiskars and Hackman made bayonets for Valmet rifles and either is considered correct for and will readily attach to your rifle. It's been my experience that Fiskars bayonets usually come with a green reindeer leather sheath while Hackman bayonets often come with a black synthetic sheath. I'd suggest you try to acquire one of each!
Dallas

AGG

Post by AGG » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:50 pm

David,

Welcome to the site!!! :D
The M76 appears NIB and very nice--- love the 1986 brochure, as well. :wink:
Per Dallas, both bayonets are fairly inexpensive--- for now--- I would get both. :D
Further, I would think that the Valmet has increased more in value than the Ruger.
Finally, I will give you $700.00 for the M76--- a cool $200.00 profit. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tony

kommanderkool

Fiskars vs Hackman

Post by kommanderkool » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:45 am

Dallas/Tony:
Thanks for the welcome. I really appreciate the information on the bayonets and I plan on taking the advice of purchasing both brands of bayonets in the very near future.
Take care and I hope to talk to you all later.

David

AGG

Post by AGG » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:38 am

What--- no acceptance of my offer??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Maybe you want to purchase the bayonets and let me have the package for $900.00. :wink:
Good luck on acquiring the bayonets. :D

Tony

machinegunfun

m76 223

Post by machinegunfun » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:19 am

Tony,you are really rough on the new guys lately.I have been out of work for 3 weeks now do to minor ankle surgery.I can tell you that watching this site is better than TV.You guys still really make me laugh.Thanks.....Ralph
I love my Country,It's the government that scares me

AGG

Re: m76 223

Post by AGG » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:06 pm

machinegunfun wrote:Tony,you are really rough on the new guys lately.I have been out of work for 3 weeks now do to minor ankle surgery.I can tell you that watching this site is better than TV.You guys still really make me laugh.Thanks.....Ralph
Ralph,

Just funnin'!!! :lol:
Hope the procedure went well, and I pray for a quick and complete recovery for you. :D
The Board is not only informational, but entertaining, as well. :wink:

Tony

kommanderkool

AGG's offer

Post by kommanderkool » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:03 am

Tony:
I wasn't ignoring your very generous offer, I was just mulling it over. I gave it alot of serious thought, I discussed it with my wife, I asked my kids what they think I should do, hell - I even asked my UPS driver if I should accept it. No one could tell me what to do.
So I asked my financial advisor about it. First he warned me of all the capital gain taxes I would have to pay on such a large profit. Then he started talking about bears and bulls, pork futures, commodities, soybean prices, gold, the Euro and the Yuan - now I'm really confused.
Finally, he said something I listened to and when E.F. Hutton speaks - I listen. He told me to keep my Valmet and in another 20 to 25 years I might earn enough to buy two McRibs. Aaaaagh, Mcribs...................

David

AGG

Re: AGG's offer

Post by AGG » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:36 am

kommanderkool wrote:Tony:
I wasn't ignoring your very generous offer, I was just mulling it over. I gave it alot of serious thought, I discussed it with my wife, I asked my kids what they think I should do, hell - I even asked my UPS driver if I should accept it. No one could tell me what to do.
So I asked my financial advisor about it. First he warned me of all the capital gain taxes I would have to pay on such a large profit. Then he started talking about bears and bulls, pork futures, commodities, soybean prices, gold, the Euro and the Yuan - now I'm really confused.
Finally, he said something I listened to and when E.F. Hutton speaks - I listen. He told me to keep my Valmet and in another 20 to 25 years I might earn enough to buy two McRibs. Aaaaagh, Mcribs...................

David
David,

I believe that you will work out here!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tony

Tallin

Re: AGG's offer

Post by Tallin » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:43 am

kommanderkool wrote:Tony:

David

David,

Capital gain's will be no problem if you just sell it to me for less the the very generous offer from Tony!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Eric
"Do not use a hatchet to remove a fly from your friend's forehead."
Chinese Proverb

Miku

Post by Miku » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:26 pm

AGG wrote:David,

Welcome to the site!!! :D
The M76 appears NIB and very nice--- love the 1986 brochure, as well. :wink:
Per Dallas, both bayonets are fairly inexpensive--- for now--- I would get both. :D
Further, I would think that the Valmet has increased more in value than the Ruger.
Finally, I will give you $700.00 for the M76--- a cool $200.00 profit. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tony
I´ll make even better offer:

Send the Valmet to me. I´ll pay 800USD for it and you don´t have to worry about it anymore plus (!!), You can be sure it has returned back home to Finland were it belongs to. Great deal and a great profit :D

Hehee,
Welcome to the Boards!

Miku

Reesecups

cleaning kit m76f

Post by Reesecups » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:40 pm

Could you possibly post a picture of the contents of the cleaning kit? My 76 did not have one and I am trying to find the appropriate one.Thanks

JMikeSteen
Location: Sitting right next to a gator in the Everglades with a gun in my hand

Post by JMikeSteen » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:53 pm

Welcome to the board David, just tell all these old farts to go pound sand!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D I promise guys :D :D :D
Presidential Primary - vote for 1 of 5 or so *hitheads you don't want.
Presidential Election - vote to stop the other *hithead from winning.
Result, it didn't work.