AR mag adapter

Discussion forum for all things Valmet!

Moderator: AGG

Tallin

Post by Tallin » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:14 pm

Maybe he is still busy filling orders for the July 4th Specials on his web-site!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Looks like most of his other adapeter's all have the following notation: "Modification to the trunnion may/will be needed."
Which in my opinion is a great way to abort a perfectly good rifle!

Personally if I were interested in the Valmet adapter, which I am not, I would start sending him emails to get him motivated! Here is his email address: sales@magnoliastatearmory.com

Eric
"Do not use a hatchet to remove a fly from your friend's forehead."
Chinese Proverb

Rumnhammer

adapter

Post by Rumnhammer » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:21 pm

The Valmet adapter won't need any modding to the trunion, it just needed to be moved back a bit to fit properly. Hence his removing the ambidextrious release.

The problem with mine was that in order to fit it to the rifle, I had to remove way too much of the front lip that locks into the rifle just to get it in, and that made it weak and too far forward for the AR mag to seat properly. It was so tight in the back that the ambi release was jammed and wouldn't work properly. So I told Nate that I didn't care about the ambi release and that if he omited it and some material was removed from the back then it would work properly.

But the last email I got back from him was probably mid-April.....

Chris Rummel

sixntwins

Post by sixntwins » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:37 am

Still waiting.

Rumnhammer

adapter

Post by Rumnhammer » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:43 am

Me too, last contact I had was in July, and he said he was working on getting the revised version out to those that had already gotten ones that didn't fit, and then he was going to take a vacation.........

Starting to get frustrated at this point. :x

Chris

chuter

Post by chuter » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:21 am

Sent several recent emails with no reply. Has anyone had any contact or is anyone local to stop in and see how they are doing?

Rumnhammer

WTF

Post by Rumnhammer » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:51 pm

Nope, haven't heard anything since July like I posted. Thinking he took one hell of a long vacation! I hope it's not permanent, because I'd really like to get my damn adapter.
Chris :evil:

CelticSword
Site Admin

Post by CelticSword » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:30 am

I have sent Nathan May an email asking him to respond to these unfilled orders. If things are made right, we will have to look at restricting his future access here.

Tallin

Post by Tallin » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:48 am

You could always turn him in to the United States Postal Service Inspector General for suspected mail fraud, if needed!
Simple process!

https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/form ... laint.aspx

Eric
"Do not use a hatchet to remove a fly from your friend's forehead."
Chinese Proverb

Rumnhammer

adapter

Post by Rumnhammer » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:30 pm

He only had 8 made sent out, and had problems with about 6 of them, if he had the problem corrected back in July, how long does it take to crank out 6 improved replacements? I don't think it is too much to ask. I sent him an email yesterday after posting, will wait to see if he responds.
Starting to wish I had just got a refund to just buy 3 or 4 circle 10 waffle mags to mod to work and be done with it.
Chris

Magnolia State Armory

Post by Magnolia State Armory » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:09 pm

Yes Eric, you could try that however everyone was offered refunds or declined or wanted to hang in there.... so I don't think that would fly. But your are willing to try to push that agenda. As much as you don't like the idea of the adapter you sure seem to love to troll it. Just calling it how I see it there bud. No worries here... I've got a solution to end this for everyone........ that I am sure you will like. The Valmet adapter project is done.

If anyone thinks kicking out revisions are just the cost of a couple of dollars you are sadly mistaken.... Try to the tune of a couple grand each time. Not easy when you are also having three other projects going at the same time and are behind on everything due to a piss poor economy. Then buying rifles you really don't need just to R&D for a small demographic. Guys this shit isn't cheap.... If it was others would have done it long before me.... Or I would have had this done finished long ago.

So here is the deal I think there are about 2 or 3 outstanding orders. How about each of you email me and I'll have a refund sent your way. This way I can pull this project from my list and focus on one thing at a time. Just put Valmet Forum in the subject line and myself or Mark will catch it and get it out withing 5 days of verification.

Not trying to be a prick but I get a ton of email every month on a number of projects on top of a motorcycle wreck a 2 months or so ago and I am just not in the best of places to try to please everyone at the moment.

Sorry guy it is what it is.... I rushed a product to try to get you guys covered and it bit me in the ass. I am not rushing anything cause ultimately I ate the bill. There is not to many times I can afford to do that.
Regards,

Nathan May
MSA

sixntwins

Post by sixntwins » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:34 am

I sent an email asking for my refund. I hope we can avoid BBB involvement. I will post on this forum what happens next. Stay tuned.

run 'n gun

Post by run 'n gun » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:40 pm

Let me add something here. I'm not in the market for this device, but have just read these pages because I think the item is a good idea.

As I noted the dates and comments, I know what it's like for the creator of a new device to have the belief in an idea and enthusiasm for getting it out there. It looks like everything is in place and just one more modification will be the last. But that mod brings (at least) two more things to light.

You have a plan that needs testing and revisions. Many unforseen and unforseeable things get into the way and slow you down. Then, you also try to maintain a life away from the project.

If you haven't created an item from an idea and taken it to market, it would probably be appreciated from the one working on the project if you were to take a student attitude here and try to learn and make positive suggestions rather than have negative comments, or worse, act as a sniper. It does take thousands of dollars of your own money and a lot of dedication to complete a project like this.

I have no knowledge of or connection to this device, it's creator or his business other than reading this thread. I have, however, just spent several years (and over $10k) on a project that is in the patent process. You have no idea how much of your life it takes unless you have done it.

I also currently have two rifles loaned out for another man's (patent pending) project, which he has been working on for years. Haven't seen them in 6 months and wasn't worried about it. I did hear that they are no longer needed and will pick them up soon. I'm surprised at how short a time he needed them, but he was already pretty far along in the process. I understand how long it took me for my simple project (with no moving parts) and realize it could have taken a lot longer with his.

Rant over; my point is, if you haven't created something that hadn't been created before, it takes time... more than you can imagine. If you think it's a good idea, encouragement greases the skids, negativity weighs it down.

Rumnhammer

adapter

Post by Rumnhammer » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:23 pm

Nate, I still don't want a refund, I really just want the adapter. I just tend to get worried when it takes so long.

So are you still making this and when can I get mine?
Shoot me an email
Chris Rummel

sixntwins

Post by sixntwins » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:16 pm

Lots of emails....no replies.

Ruddiger

Post by Ruddiger » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:34 am

No answer to my request for refund, either.