WTK: VZ-58 experiences?

The place Mikhail Timofeevich Kalashnikov hangs out at.

Moderator: Tommo

ValmetRKm62

WTK: VZ-58 experiences?

Post by ValmetRKm62 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:03 pm

I've been thinking about purchasing one of the Czech VZ-58 rifles and was wondering if any of you guys have had any experiences with them? Fit/function, reliability, etc.? I figure now is the time as I'm sure in coming years they will go up in price (i.e.- like the Yugo AKs). Any info is appreciated!
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

GoodGuy

Post by GoodGuy » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:06 pm

I've been considering one myself. It's an interesting design. I think if I buy one, I'm going to go with a fixed stock model. I'd like to hear some feedback too.
Dallas

nib

Post by nib » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:03 pm

I have one. D-Tek manufacture is the one to get.
Get a folder and add a stock later. It s just one pan head screw.
Also it is difficult to match the colors F Stock to Receiver.

One thing that does suck is the PLASTIC :shock: trigger.
You can get a milled after matket one.

The fit and finish on these is pretty darn good.
And it is a dream to shoot.
I just need a 76 milled folder in 7.62 x 39. and I swear to GOD I will stop.

dapenko

Post by dapenko » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:26 am

I have one as well and they are one of the most under-rated rifles out there. It's head and shoulders above any military style rifle in it's price range as far as I'm concerned.

DunGoterDid

Post by DunGoterDid » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:07 pm

I have a CZ 858 Tactical 2. Up here in Canada, along with other VZ58 style semis, they are getting popular. Milled receiver, 18 or 19" barrel. Shoots beter than most sks' will. $695 new up here with 4 mags, mag pouch, sling bayo, and I think a cleaning kit. The folder stock bites the cheek I find, but the wood one is comfy. Wood stock is a plastic impregnated particle board we Canucks call "beaver barf". If you want real wood for it try Ironwood for the pieces. I never heard of a plastic trigger for a vz58.
Valmets are sweet